Judgments
Judgments
  1. Home
  2. /
  3. High Court Of Gujarat
  4. /
  5. 2013
  6. /
  7. January

Icici Lombard General Insurance ... vs Leelaben Vikramsinh Chauhan &

High Court Of Gujarat|20 September, 2013
IN FIRST APPEAL.
ADMIT.
Mr.M.T.M.Hakim, learned advocate waives service of admission on behalf of respondents original claimants.
ORAL ORDER IN CIVIL APPLICATION.
Rule.
Mr.M.T.M.Hakim, learned advocate waives service of rule on behalf of respondents original claimants.
Having heard learned advocates for the respective parties, interim relief in terms of para - 4(B) is granted on condition that the applicant herein Insurance Company deposits entire awarded amount together with proportionate costs and interest with the concerned Tribunal within a period of six weeks from today. On such amount being deposited, respondents herein original claimants shall be at liberty to withdraw 30% of the deposited amount. The concerned Tribunal after due verification shall pass necessary orders with respect to withdrawal of 30% by the respondents original claimants by way of account payee cheque. The remaining amount of 70% shall be invested by the concerned Tribunal by way of cumulative fixed deposit with any nationalized bank initially for a period of three years, and on maturity shall be renewed by one year at a time without any further orders in this regard till the disposal of the First Appeal. It is clarified that original claimants are entitled to get periodical interest.
In view of above, Civil Application is allowed.
Rule is made absolute to the aforesaid extent.
[M.D.Shah, J.] satish Page 2 of 2
Disclaimer: Above Judgment displayed here are taken straight from the court; Vakilsearch has no ownership interest in, reservation over, or other connection to them.